General Information About Cântaro Magro, Serra da Estrela
Discover the beautiful Cântaro Magro and Covão D’ Metade valley. Explore the amazing mountain trails of Serra da Estrela. Marvel with the gastronomy of Serra da Estrela: Rice of Juniper, Wild pig, Cod with cornbread and the excelent wine.
PICK UP MODE: By Car from Hotel or another acommodation of holidays, in LISBON.
Detailed Tour Description:
This great adventure, give you the opportunity to visit the most beautiful mountain of Portugal, Serra da Estrela
Departure from Lisbon about 3h:00m p.m. – Dinner at the restaurant Varanda da Estrela – Overnight at Campsite Pião.
This mountaineering activitie, is in the most beautiful Portuguese mountain, Serra da Estrela. You will meet the extraordinary valley of Covão D’Metade. This valley is the source of Zêzere river. Then we will go until the Covão Cimeiro trough mountain trails. This place it was formed during the last Ice Age that the Serra da Estrela was subjected and the location is the beginning of the largest glacial valley of the Serra da Estrela, the Glacial Valley of Manteigas. After this amazing place, we will climb the most emblematic summit of this mountain, the Cântaro Magro. Cântaro Magro is a huge rock of granite, with 1928 meters of altitude. The view from the summit is an awesome 360º degrees to the landscapes of Serra da Estrela. To finish the day, we will enjoy a great dinner with typical food of the Serra da Estrela. End of dinner, return to Lisbon.
· What is included in the season from April to November?
· Transport of Lisbon to the location of the activity and return to Lisbon at the end of the activity.
· Technical Monitoring of mountain guide duly certified by National School of Mountaineering and Institute of Sport in Portugal with 18 years of experience. ‘
· Individual Tent.
· Transfer from Loriga to Penhas da Saúde at the end of activitie.
· 2 Dinners in a local restaurant in the Serra da Estrela.
· 1 Night on the campsite, with a shower of hot water and breakfast included (1 sandwiches and juice or milk).
· Liability Insurance and Personal Accident.
· In addition to these previous items discriminated, when the activity is performed from December to March in addition the following material included:
List of individual equipment required:
· Sun hat.
· 1 Dinner.
· 1 Breakfast.
· 1 Lunch.
· 1 Pair of mountaineering gloves.
· 1 Cap
· 2 Thermal t-shirt’s.
· 2 Polar jacket.
· 1 Waterproof jacket of mountaineering.
· 1 Pair of mountaineering pants.
· 1 Pair of mountaineering boots .
· 2 pairs of socks for mountaineering.
· Backpack with capacity to carry the helmet and harness of Trilhos e Cumes.
· 1 Bottled Water 1.5 Lt or 1 water canteen 1.5 Lt.
· 1 Sleeping bag.
· 1 Thermarest Camprest Self-Inflatable or similiar.
· Change of underwear for two days.
· Hygiene: Brush and toothpaste, slippers for the bath, bath towel, shampoo and shower gel, deodorant