Casa Agrícola Santos Jorge
About 6 km from the city of Moura, in the middle of planicíes and soft hills, between Moura and Sobral d’Adiça, is the Herdade dos Machados.
The gentle hills and valleys that surround the fascinating city of Moura offer excellent conditions for the production of some of the best red and white wines of Portugal.
The Herdade dos Machados is are one of the oldest private wine producers from this region. The vineyards were planted by the end of the 19th century in this place, after José Maria dos Santos (known as Morgado da Canita) bought different parcels of land in this region and created the Herdade.
Among different agricultural activities, the Herdade has a vineyard with 60 hectares and 95% of the wines produced are PDO wines from selected varieties.
Types and prices of visits
Prices per person for a visit of 4 people (in case there are 6 people there will be a discount of 5%):
– Proof of 3 wines – Toutalga / Morgado da Canita red / Morgado da Canita white
– € 6 / person (approx 30 minutes)
– Proof of 5 wines – Toutalga / Morgado da Canita red / Morgado da Canita white / Santos Jorge red / Cerro das Pedras Viosinho / Arinto
– 10 € / person (approx 60 minutes)
– Proof of all wines – Toutalga / Morgado da Canita red / Morgado da Canita white / Santos Jorge red / Cerro das Pedras Viosinho / Arinto / Herdade dos Machados Rosé / Herdade dos Machados Antão Vaz / Herdade dos Machados Reserva
– € 20 / person (approx 90 minutes)
Minimum number of people: 4 / Maximum: 6
NOTE: visit bookmarks must be made at least 2 days in advance.
Herdade dos Machados, 7860-909 Moura
T (+ 351) 285 251 575
F (+ 351) 285 253 175